Tuesday, April 8, 2008

quitting for a while

I have to say that it has been a good ride I tried the best beers and the swilliest of brews, but now I have to stop.

I recently got a job on a Hotshot Crew in Eastern Oregon. Now I must do all that I can to help me get into shape for the rigorous months of work ahead. Beer is one thing that I have to cut.

This is a sad day. So I wrote a poem.

My heart weeps low
For though I know
That in months the beer will flow
But till then my creeks run dry
And all I could do I weep and sigh

I will keep writing about beers that I have tried in the past couple weeks and I will be keeping tabs on beer news. But know when I write my mouth will be dry and my heart heavy.

In the words of Harry Dean Stanton from Red Dawn-----

“I was hard on you when you was growin' up. I did things that made you hate me. Now, you can see why I did. I don't want no more tears shed for me, ya hear? I'm not gonna be there for you now, you gotta look out for each other... Avenge me!…..Avenge me!!!!!!!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home